Welcome to the Central Presbyterian Church website! We are glad that you have found us! As you explore this site, you will find a lot of information about our congregation. I welcome you to connect with us in any way that suits you. Among the possible connections, you can:
- listen to podcasts or watch videos of our worship services online
- follow us through Facebook or sign up to receive a weekly update from us by email
- watch live broadcasts of our worship services on local cable TV, Channel 33 on Verizon FIOS, and Channel 36 on Comcast Sundays at 10:00 a.m. with a re-broadcast at noon.
- participate in any of our ministries
- worship with us on Sunday mornings (services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m.) or Sunday evenings at 5:00 p.m. at WAVE
- watch our Parish Associate, Rev. Noelle Kirchner, in her parenting TV series, Chaos to Calm
- read our weekly Staff Blog (below)
As part of our music ministry, we have recently launched the Central Arts Academy, a music school open to the public. Click here to visit their website.
May Christ enrich your life with all God’s grace! –Rev. Don Steele, Senior Pastor
Click HERE to sign up for a small group discussing Slow Kingdom Coming.
Almost every Sunday, we pray for the coming of God’s Kingdom “on earth, as it is in heaven.” And yet, for all the speed at which the world changes, why is it that God’s Kingdom seems to be so slow in coming? That’s the question that underlies the book that we will be reading together and focusing on at Central this Lent: Slow Kingdom Coming, by Kent Annan.
“Another family huddles in fear as bombs rip through concrete and flesh… Another innocent young black man is assaulted as though guilty… Another woman was raped on a college campus, her cries later answered with shame instead of justice… A child, instead of going to school, walked three miles to fetch a bucket of water that will give him diarrhea… Another person made in God’s image was denigrated for her gender or sexuality instead of receiving the respect as a fellow child of God…