Welcome to the Central Presbyterian Church website! We are glad that you have found us! As you explore this site, you will find a lot of information about our congregation. I welcome you to connect with us in any way that suits you. Among the possible connections, you can:
- listen to podcasts or watch videos of our worship services online
- follow us through Facebook or sign up to receive a weekly update from us by email
- watch live broadcasts of our worship services on local cable TV, Channel 33 on Verizon FIOS, and Channel 36 on Comcast Sundays at 10:00 a.m. with a re-broadcast at noon.
- participate in any of our ministries
- worship with us on Sunday mornings (services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m.) or Sunday evenings at 5:00 p.m. at WAVE
- watch our Parish Associate, Rev. Noelle Kirchner, in her parenting TV series, Chaos to Calm
- read our weekly Staff Blog (below)
As part of our music ministry, we have recently launched the Central Arts Academy, a music school open to the public. Click here to visit their website.
May Christ enrich your life with all God’s grace! –Rev. Don Steele, Senior Pastor
Click to register for VBS this summer!
Click to register for Pre K VBS this summer!
by Dr. Charity Wicks
This week I have one of my dearest friends visiting us from The Netherlands. He actually is Canadian, but he and his partner have lived overseas now for a number of years. We first met at Manhattan School of Music more than 10 years ago; he’s an amazing baritone, and we got to know each other because of our musical collaborations. But we quickly became deeply connected friends – the kind that no matter how much time has passed since we last saw or talked to each other, we pick right back up as if no time has passed at all. We all know that kind of friend, and they are treasures. He’s the friend that I feel is always there, even though physically he is not. There is a mutual unspoken understanding that life gets hectic sometimes and keeping in touch can be hard…yet we know we have a deep love for one another that time cannot break.
These relationships are few and far between, especially these days when communication seems so much more superficial than ever before. But when you find these kinds of deep friendships, it’s such a blessing. It’s like the relationship with God. You know God is always there and never disappears…but sometimes you need God more than other times, and you both understand that that’s completely ok. It is a beautiful thing.