Welcome to the Central Presbyterian Church website! We are glad that you have found us! As you explore this site, you will find a lot of information about our congregation. I welcome you to connect with us in any way that suits you. Among the possible connections, you can:
- listen to podcasts of our worship services online
- follow us through Twitter or “friend” us through Facebook or sign up to receive a weekly update from us by email
- watch live broadcasts of our worship services on local cable TV, Channel 33 on Verizon FIOS, and Channel 36 on Comcast Sundays at 10:00 a.m. with a re-broadcast at noon.
- participate in any of our ministries
- worship with us on Sunday mornings (services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m., with WAVE at 11:15 a.m.)
- read our weekly Staff Blog (below)
May Christ enrich your life with all God’s grace! –Rev. Don Steele, Senior Pastor
Click here to see upcoming events at Central!
As the evenings grow longer and our time as a family seems to grow a little closer- it is a great blessing to reflect on those things that we are thankful for. As your pastor for youth and children, I pass through the nursery school nearly every day, and I have enjoyed the developing bulletin boards outside of each classroom- the children have expressed their thanks on paper turkeys and on small hand prints, on pumpkins and through pilgrims- dressed in black and white. Over and over, the children express their thanks for their moms and dads, for their sisters and brothers and for their friends- and of course, for Batman. These simple expressions of thanks- smeared with glitter and finger paint seem to sum up for us the blessings from God that we can be most thankful for- our relationships with one another. This Thanksgiving season, it is my prayer for you that you are blessed with time and with opportunities to nurture relationships with your families and with your friends. Whether it’s through the gifts of turkey and gravy, the cheers of a football game or parade, or time spent over a board game or walk in the woods, I pray that God especially blesses you through family and friends this Thanksgiving.
Yours in Christ,