Welcome to the Central Presbyterian Church website! We are glad that you have found us! As you explore this site, you will find a lot of information about our congregation. I welcome you to connect with us in any way that suits you. Among the possible connections, you can:
- listen to podcasts or watch videos of our worship services online
- follow us through Facebook or sign up to receive a weekly update from us by email
- watch live broadcasts of our worship services on local cable TV, Channel 33 on Verizon FIOS, and Channel 36 on Comcast Sundays at 10:00 a.m. with a re-broadcast at noon.
- participate in any of our ministries
- worship with us on Sunday mornings (services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m.) or Sunday evenings at 5:00 p.m. at WAVE
- watch our Parish Associate, Rev. Noelle Kirchner, in her parenting TV series, Chaos to Calm
- read our weekly Staff Blog (below)
As part of our music ministry, we have recently launched the Central Arts Academy, a music school open to the public. Click here to visit their website.
May Christ enrich your life with all God’s grace! –Rev. Don Steele, Senior Pastor
by Rev. Deborah Huggins
I hope that this week feels like a chance to get a deep breath. The holidays can be fun and wonderful with travel, holiday meals and traditions- but they can also be stressful, with lots of logistics to manage and families out of their regular routines. The holidays can bring sadness, as we mourn for people that we have lost, and they can leave us feeling overwhelmed. So this week, I hope that each of you get a chance to breath- to breath in, and feel God’s blessing and strength, and then to breath out and know that you rest in the love of God.
God loves each one of us as precious children. God calls each one of us child- son or daughter, loved and beloved. We can rest in this- we can know it, and feel peace because of it.
So this week, in a moment of quiet, I invite you to take a breath in, and as you breathe out, center yourself, and know that God loves you.