Welcome to the Central Presbyterian Church website! We are glad that you have found us! As you explore this site, you will find a lot of information about our congregation. I welcome you to connect with us in any way that suits you. Among the possible connections, you can:
- listen to podcasts of our worship services online
- follow us through Twitter or “friend” us through Facebook or sign up to receive a weekly update from us by email
- watch live broadcasts of our worship services on local cable TV, Channel 33 on Verizon FIOS, and Channel 36 on Comcast Sundays at 10:00 a.m. with a re-broadcast at noon.
- participate in any of our ministries
- worship with us on Sunday mornings (services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m., with WAVE at 11:15 a.m.)
- read our weekly Staff Blog (below)
May Christ enrich your life with all God’s grace! –Rev. Don Steele, Senior Pastor
Click here to see upcoming events at Central!
Busy, busy, busy! Usually it’s a never ending list. Sometimes we bring it on ourselves or take on responsibilities that have to be addressed. I recently took on 2 projects on my own accord that require a lot of attention, diligence, commitment and hard work. One of those being a personal small business that has a long term financial commitment which can always be scary! I’ve been growing through the process on both projects and am very excited for their potential. I wake up sharper, feel focused and my brain activity is at an all time high! (which probably isn’t saying much) In the beginning of taking on these projects I had a conversation with a close friend about not losing sight of my center. My center is who I am as a person, a child of God and what it is that I strive to stand for. It’s in my nature to be a busy person, I enjoy taking on projects and pushing myself. My tasks at hand can be overwhelming and I can easily get forget who I am and what’s important to me. Being in ministry is a blessing, it helps me keep my center, fills me with substance, reinforces what I want to stand for and gives me peace. If I wasn’t in ministry being active in a church would provide the same center. We are all so lucky and blessed to worship together, work together, be and grow together in God’s love. So if you seeing me walking fast in the hallway or on 2 cell phones at the same time maybe give me a little poke in the belly and say hey Adam, center it up!