Welcome to the Central Presbyterian Church website! We are glad that you have found us! As you explore this site, you will find a lot of information about our congregation. I welcome you to connect with us in any way that suits you. Among the possible connections, you can:
- listen to podcasts of our worship services online
- follow us through Twitter or “friend” us through Facebook or sign up to receive a weekly update from us by email
- watch live broadcasts of our worship services on local cable TV, Channel 33 on Verizon FIOS, and Channel 36 on Comcast Sundays at 10:00 a.m. with a re-broadcast at noon.
- participate in any of our ministries
- worship with us on Sunday mornings (services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m., with WAVE at 11:15 a.m.)
- read our weekly Staff Blog (below)
As part of our music ministry, we have recently launched the Central Arts Academy, a music school open to the public. Click here to visit their website.
May Christ enrich your life with all God’s grace! –Rev. Don Steele, Senior Pastor
Click here to see upcoming events at Central!
“Being” in Worship
Coming to church every Sunday is part of our weekly routine. We sing together, read together, pray together, listen to the message, pass the peace, partake in Communion once a month, and worship. Week by week our service is usually laid out in a very similar order. Routine is nice, – I’d say we all like having a routine. But just like playing a song a thousand times, it can definitely get old. Then within our routine it’s easy for the mind to wander and we can become a bit robotic within our routine. As most of you know, me and a buddy opened up a car wash 3 weeks ago and I find myself looking at the security cameras on my phone when I can’t be there. Sunday is one of our busiest days but I told myself when I am in worship it is God’s time and for me to be focus just on God. At first it was very tempting to check on things but even if something goes wrong I can’t do anything about it. I think it’s actually helped me focus more in worship and reminded me not only to be there physically but to focus just on God, not my anxieties or worries. I never want it to become a routine because it’s much more special than that. It’s a time to worship and to totally be there in mind, spirit and body with friends and with God.