Welcome to the Central Presbyterian Church website! We are glad that you have found us! As you explore this site, you will find a lot of information about our congregation. I welcome you to connect with us in any way that suits you. Among the possible connections, you can:
- listen to podcasts of our worship services online
- follow us through Facebook or sign up to receive a weekly update from us by email
- watch live broadcasts of our worship services on local cable TV, Channel 33 on Verizon FIOS, and Channel 36 on Comcast Sundays at 10:00 a.m. with a re-broadcast at noon.
- participate in any of our ministries
- worship with us on Sunday mornings (services at 8:30 and 10:00 a.m.)
- read our weekly Staff Blog (below)
As part of our music ministry, we have recently launched the Central Arts Academy, a music school open to the public. Click here to visit their website.
May Christ enrich your life with all God’s grace! –Rev. Don Steele, Senior Pastor
Construction the ramp in the Glass Hallway continues, with the pouring of concrete this week. The roadway/parking area outside the Glass Hallway is closed. Parking is available in the nursery school lot via Elm Street, and the Maple Street lot directly from Maple Street. Please use caution as the Maple Street exit will have 2-way traffic!
Please use the Maple Street door to access the church.
Happy New Year!
The calendars all say that a new year begins in January. The Church’s traditional “liturgical” calendar says that it begins sometime after Thanksgiving with the first Sunday of Advent. But if you ask me, a new year begins in September, right after Labor Day. That might come from having spent almost twenty years of my life going to school, followed by parenting children for over 26 years, one of whom still is in school. But, regardless, a new year begins in September.
And that’s reflected in our life together as a community of faith.