70 Maple Street, Summit, NJ 07901
Phone 908. 273.0441, Fax 908.273.0444
CENTRAL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH is located in the center of Summit, on the corner of Maple Street and Morris Avenue, facing the Summit Library and YMCA, and across the Green from the Railroad station on Broad Street.
1. From North Jersey – Garden State Parkway
Garden State Parkway to Exit 142 – Route 78 West Local Lanes – watch for signs for Route 24 West (approximately 5 miles). You want Route 24 west so stay to the right after leaving exit ramp.
A. From Route 24 take the MILLBURN, SPRINGFIELD, SUMMIT (Broad Street) exit. Bear right as you complete the ramp curve and go over Route 24. Go straight onto Broad Street, Summit. After the fourth traffic light (counting the very first light) the first left (opposite the railroad station) is Elm Street. Immediately after the municipal parking lot (the third driveway entrance on your right) is the driveway for Central Church.
2. From South Jersey – Garden State Parkway
Garden State Parkway to Exit 142, just beyond the Union toll plaza. Stay to the far right as you approach the toll plaza. Follow signs to Route 78 West (stay to right). You will have to travel east for a short distance and make a U turn to get on Route 78 West. After you are on 78 West and past he sign for Parkway, look for signs to Route 124-24
After passing over the Parkway on Route 78 West, follow directions (A) above.
3. Route 78 East from Pennsylvania:
Take Summit/Glenside Ave., Exit 45. Make a left at the exit ramp light. You are now on Glenside Ave. Continue on Glenside for about 2/3 mile. At the first STOP sign bear left and at the next STOP sign turn left (almost a U turn) onto Morris Ave. Proceed up the hill, going past Overlook Hospital on your right. Go past the traffic light (Summit Ave.) and the first street on your right is Elm Street; make a right and the Central Church driveway will be the first driveway entrance on your left.
4. Directions from Morristown
Vis Route 287: Take Route 24 East off Route 287 for about 8 miles to Exit 8, Summit Ave. At the first traffic light, turn right onto Summit Ave. Take Summit Ave. to Broad Street (3rd traffic light). Make a right onto Broad Street. The first left is Elm Street, make a left onto Elm and Central Church driveway is the second driveway entrance on your right, marked “one way”.
Take old Route 124 (Main Street) through Madison and Chatham. At the end of the road in Chatham look for sign River Road. Follow River Road to the next light and make a left onto Morris Ave. Go through 5 traffic lights. The 6th light will be Maple Street and the church is on the corner. For parking go past the church and the next left is Elm Street, make a left on to Elm and the first driveway on your left is Central Church driveway
5. Bus from the Port Authority to Summit (business area) — When you get off the bus look across the village green (straight ahead) you will see Central Church on Maple Street.
6. Train – Penn Station (34th and 8th Ave.) – Train to Summit — when you come up from the train station go out the doors without a ramp. When you get outside, look straight across the Green and you will see Central Church. The church is on the corner of Morris and Maple.
7. Holland Tunnel — From the Holland Tunnel take the N. J. Turnpike to exit 14 and follow directions from 78 West above.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL on-site Church parking is accessed from Elm Street.
After 6:00 p.m. during the week, and all day Saturday and Sunday, you may park FREE in the Municipal Parking lot directly behind the church.